Very generous gift-givers in the Harrogate area are being thanked for making Christmas in hospital that much more pleasant for children and young people on Woodlands Ward at Harrogate District Hospital.
Various organisations and individuals donated a range of toys and presents, as well as financial donations, in the weeks running up to Christmas 2017.
Woodlands Ward is a general paediatric (children’s) ward, treating infants, children, and adolescents ranging in age from one day to 16 years old. The donations that the Ward received helped make Christmas time extra special for its young patients
Gifts included toy sacks from the Yorkshire Children’s Hospital’s Christmas Gift Appeal, teddy bears from North Yorkshire Police and a Winnie the Pooh Christmas Cake from ex-Leeds United and England goalkeeper, Nigel Martyn, as well as financial donations from a range of local organisations. The full list of donations over the festive period was:
- St Peters Primary School, Harrogate – handmade Christmas decorations
- Yorkshire Children’s Hospital Christmas Gift Appeal – toy-sacks and Xbox
- North Yorkshire Police, T/Insp Paul Cording and PCSO Matt Murphy – police teddy bears
- Harrogate Asda – toys
- Fairy Bricks – Lego bricks
- Nigel Martyn, former England goalkeeper – Winnie the Pooh cake
- Sunbeams Day Nursery, Harrogate – presents
- Knox Women’s Institute Harrogate, Margaret England – a cheque for £132
- Bon Bons of Wetherby – chocolate snowman, which was raffled
- Route 50 Bikers – presents
- St George’s Archery Club, Harrogate – donation to Woodlands Ward’s play fund of £87.20
- Harrogate Town Football Club – goodie bags
- Belmont Grosvenor School – presents
Julie Walker, Matron of Woodlands Ward, said: “We are incredibly grateful for the donations we received from the organisations and individuals over the festive period.
“The donations came at a time when it was necessary to make Christmas as special as possible for our patients and the generous gifts that the ward received helped us to achieve this. Thank you to all those who donated.”
David Fisher, Community and Events Fundraiser at Harrogate Hospital and Community Charity, said: “A huge thank you to all companies, groups, schools and individuals who visited the hospital in the run up to Christmas. It is wonderful to have so many thinking about those who would not be able to spend Christmas at home with their families and friends; your support is very much appreciated.”
Woodlands Ward provides paediatric nursing in a specialised area with a family-centred care focus. Services include general paediatrics, ENT (ear, nose and throat) surgery, orthopaedic care and surgery, as well as general surgery.
The Trust would like to say thank you to all organisations and individuals who made generous donations to other wards and departments over the festive period.
If you would like to make a donation to Woodlands Ward, contact the Ward Manager, Heather Stuart, at: email@example.com.
Pictured are: Nigel Martyn and Woodlands Ward staff.
For further information please contact:
Paul Widdowfield, Communications and Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org and 01423 557470.