We’re delighted to announce that our Maternity Department at Harrogate District Hospital has undergone a full refurbishment following a successful bid for funding from the Department of Health.
The refurbishment included:
- A new Maternity Assessment Centre for the triage of pregnant women
- A brand new birthing pool and room
- En-suite facilities for all delivery rooms
- Replacement of all carpets within the Maternity Department
- Decoration of all corridors, the midwives stations on the Delivery Suite and Pannal Ward, and the entrance to the Maternity Department
We held our grand opening on 12 October 2015, and were delighted by the response to our beautiful new facilities. One mum even compared it to a “five star hotel spa”!
Huge thanks to everyone involved in the project and to Green Hammerton mum, Lena (who had the first water birth following the refurbishment), and Cathy Warwick, Chief Executive of the Royal College of Midwives, for doing officially opening the Unit.