We are here to support you during the current situation but many of our usual activities have had to be put on hold.
Our Easy Book clinics for pre-school children are running but will be a telephone consultation: you can book your Easy Book by calling: 01423 542469 or 01423 542470
New referrals are being accepted but families will be contacted by telephone in the first instance and only seen face to face if absolutely necessary.
Advice and support will be given by phone or video call.
Please contact us by email if you have any queries and we will get back to you as soon as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hambleton and Richmondshire Children’s Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and language therapists are based across Hambleton and Richmondshire and provide a service at health clinics. We also offer visits to see children in nurseries, playgroups and at schools.
Services are provided Mondays to Fridays between 9am-4.30pm.
Early years services
If your child is pre-school and you are worried about his or her speech, language and communication/ eating and drinking development you can arrange to attend an Easy Book appointment.
There are a variety of options available for school-aged children who have problems with their speech, language, communication and/or eating and drinking. If you’re worried about your child, you can:
- Refer your child directly by contacting us and requesting a parental/carer referral form;
- Speak to a health visitor, school nurse, GP or paediatrician who may refer your child to our service;
- Speak to staff in your child’s school who may refer your child to our service.
If you are a member of teaching staff referring a child on behalf of parents or carers, you may, with the signed consent of the parents or carers with parental responsibility, complete and send us the below professionals referral form.
- Speech and Language Therapy Referral Form
- Traffic light referral guidance (0-7+)
- School age referral guidance (Secondary)
- Speech Screening Tool
Specialist speech and language therapy
If your child requires more specialist help, your community speech and language therapist will refer you to a specific service. These services include
- The Child Development Centre, Northallerton
- Specialist Stammering Service, Northallerton or other local base
- Specialist Voice Service, Northallerton or other local base
- Special Schools Service, Mowbray School, Bedale, and The Dales School, Morton on Swale
- Afasic – a charity which helps young people with speech and language difficulties and their families. The website has a message board where you can chat to other families, and provides free download sheets on a range of diagnoses.
- British Stammering Association – a first point of contact for information and support on stammering and stuttering.
- I CAN – a children’s communication charity working to support children with communication difficulties.
- Makaton – information on Makaton signing, resources and training, as well as a forum for Makaton users to share their experiences..
- Talk To Your Baby – this Literacy Trust initiative contains free, downloadable parent information leaflets about early interaction.
- The Communication Trust – this coalition of 50 voluntary and community organisations with expertise in speech, language and communication provides films to help parents encourage their children’s communicative development.