I completed my medical training and general surgical residency training in New Delhi, India. I moved to Yorkshire in 2000 and undertook basic surgical training in Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust. I then undertook basic sciences and clinical research at the University of Hull, culminating in an MD (Doctor of Medicine).
I completed my higher surgical training in general surgery at the Yorkshire and Humber Deanery. Following this I completed a fellowship in reconstructive breast surgery at Canniesburn Plastic Surgery Unit in Glasgow. I then undertook another fellowship in oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery at University Hospital of South Manchester, Wythenshawe, to gain further experience. I started working at Harrogate District Hospital as a Consultant Surgeon in August 2014.
My special interest is oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery in management of breast cancer. The services I provide include:
- Management of benign breast disease and breast cancer;
- Management of patients with family history of breast cancer including risk reduction surgery;
- Oncoplastic breast conservation surgery including therapeutic mammoplasty;
- Immediate and delayed breast reconstruction after mastectomy;
- Breast symmetry surgery (breast reduction, augmentation, and mastopexy);
- Nipple areolar reconstruction;
- Correction of contour deformity following breast conservation surgery using scar revision, liposuction and fat grafting.