Harrogate District Hospital has several different car parks, with the main car park located right outside the main entrance.
We operate a camera-controlled, ticketless car parking management system in all visitor car parks at Harrogate District Hospital. Cameras will identify cars on entry and exit using automatic number plate recognition (ANPR). Visitors are able to pay for the car parking when they leave by entering their car’s registration into the parking validation/payment machines in the front entrance of the hospital – making the process of paying for parking easier with either cash or card, or via the Evology Parking app.
Visitors using the Evology Parking app will need to pay for their parking by midnight on the day they parked a Harrogate District Hospital or a parking charge notice (PCN) will be issued.
Visitors who are not using the Evology Parking app will need to remember to pay for their parking at the end of their visit by using the parking validation/payment machine at the main entrance to the hospital or a parking charge notice (PCN) will be issued.
Terminals are available across the hospital and at the main reception for visitors who are eligible for the concessionary or free parking that the Trust currently offers, for example for blue badge holders, patients receiving cancer treatment, or parents visiting the paediatric ward or Special Care Baby Unit.
At peak times we have car park attendants on duty to assist with any queries or difficulties.
If you are dropping off patients at the main entrance and intend to wait, please park in the visitors’ car park as it is vital that we keep all emergency routes clear.
Disabled badge holders
Our main patients’ and visitors’ car park has 21 spaces for disabled drivers near to the hospital entrance. In addition to this, there are four disabled spaces at Heatherdene (for renal patients), four at the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre and two disabled bays outside the entrance of the Briary Wing.
Please also place your time clock on the dashboard before leaving your vehicle.
|First 20 minutes||Free|
|Up to 2 hours||£4|
|Up to 4 hours||£6.50|
|Up to 6 hours||£8.50|
|Up to 24 hours||£11|
Our payment machines are located in the entrance lobby of Harrogate District Hospital. They accept notes, coins and credit/debit cards. These machines give change.
Certain patients and visitors are eligible to receive concessionary parking.
Patients and visitors who qualify for free parking must fall into one of these categories:
- Disabled (must produce a Blue Badge) – Once you have parked in a patient car park – this can include normal bays if marked blue badge bays are occupied – you should display your blue badge clock in the windscreen. You should retain your photo portion of your blue badge and take it to one of the blue badge terminals located throughout the hospital at the General Office in the reception to the hospital, in Lascelles Ward, Emergency Department, Radiology Department, Maternity Department, Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre, Woodlands Ward, Ante-natal Ward, and Heatherdene Sexual Health Centre. You will need to input your full, correct vehicle registration into the terminal to obtain free parking for the duration of your stay. You will need to visit the terminal every time you go to the hospital.
- Parents visiting the Special Care Baby Unit – please enter your car registration details in the tablet on the Special Care Baby Unit, which will allocate 24 hours free car parking.
- Parents or guardians visiting the Paediatric Ward – please enter your car registration details in the tablet on the Paediatric Ward, which will allocate 24 hours free car parking.
- Patients receiving cancer treatment – please enter your car registration details in the tablet at the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre.
- Patients who attend the Hospital but their appointment is subsequently cancelled
- In possession of a Carers’ Passport
- Hold an End of Life booklet
- In receipt of benefits: Working Tax Credit, Pension Guarantee Credit, Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support or Universal Credit, etc. Please bring relevant supporting paperwork to our General Office or the Reception Desk in the main entrance of the hospital where they will validate the parking
If you attend an outpatient appointment and the clinic runs an hour or more late, you are eligible for a discount. The size of the discount depends upon the length of the delay. If this applies to you, please speak to reception.
Trust volunteers are entitled to free parking when on duty.
We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and promoting sustainable travel among staff and patients. We have many cycle storage facilities at Harrogate District Hospital, and we’re working towards building more.
We have secure cycle storage facilities located outside the main entrance of the Hospital. Limited facilities are also available near the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre and outside of the Briary Wing.
Staff car parking
There is limited parking on site for staff.