What is BadgerNet?
BadgerNet Maternity is an electronic maternity healthcare record system by CleverMed Ltd. It allows real-time recording of all events wherever they occur: in the hospital, the community, or at home.
This includes both high risk (consultant-led) and low risk (midwife-led) pregnancy pathways. Based on a woman-centred care model, the BadgerNet Maternity system comes with Badger Notes an online portal and app that allows you to access your maternity records through your PC, tablet device or mobile phone. The information that you view is generated in real-time from your hospital-based maternity system record, using details entered by your midwife or other health professionals involved in your care.
What are the key features of the system?
- A week by week timeline of your pregnancy
- Learn about your baby’s development
- Access information recommended by your midwife
- Learn about events likely to happen each week
- View your booked appointments
- Write a personal diary entry and add a photo
- Enter Blood Pressure or pulse oximetry (oxygen) readings if asked to do so by your Midwife
- View extracts of information direct from your medical Record
- View the members of your care team
- Watch the ‘Antenatal care summary’ report grow into a record of some of your key pregnancy events
- Submit your thoughts and questions about your antenatal care, birth plan and postnatal care to your midwife – they will review this with you at your next scheduled visit
- A full library of the Hospital’s Pregnancy Patient Information leaflets
What are the benefits?
Badger Notes have replaced handheld notes. There are a number of benefits to using Badger Notes over paper notes, and these include:
- Information can be shared with you directly from the maternity system
- Records can be easily updated at each maternity visit or appointment
- Midwives do not have to double enter data onto paper handheld notes
- Only those with the correct login details are able to access the notes.
You can add information regarding:
- Yourself, such as your occupation and any allergies. This can be discussed with your midwife at your booking appointment
- Your plans and preferences for birth
- Feedback regarding your antenatal care, labour and birth experiences.
How secure is it?
- All information is held securely and cannot be accessed without the correct login details (similar to internet banking).
- Badger Notes is powered by BadgerNet, the same secure platform used by healthcare professionals involved in your maternity care.