Cost of Living Package
- Mileage rates which were increased recently will remain in place for this financial year (10p).
- No reintroduction of compulsory car parking charges for this financial year.
- Opportunity for staff to sell up to five days of their holiday entitlement during 2022/23, which will increase their salary .
- Staff who join the Blue Light Card scheme will be reimbursed the cost (including current members).
- Anyone currently employed by Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust or Harrogate Integrated Facilities (HIF) are eligible to apply for a one off grant of up to £500 following approval of your application.
- Re-opening of the staff shop.
- For information on some of the support the financial Trust can provide please click here
- Click here to reclaim the cost of a Blue Light Card on EASY Expenses a guide on how to use EASY Expenses is available here – anyone wanting to be reimbursed should claim £7.50 (being a taxable payment) and this way you will receive the £4.99 cost net.
- Contact the Trust’s anonymous email address: [email protected] for further support.
- Too Good To Go lets customers buy and collect good quality food that would usually go to waste, at a great price, directly from businesses. Download the app today
- Help for Households – Get government cost of living support
- Transdev’s Commuter Club allows HDFT staff to receive discount son bus travel – visit the Transdev website for more details
Criteria: UNISON members
UNISON is acutely aware of the rising cost of living and the impact on its members.
- Main Grant: If your query relates to ways they can help and how to apply, click here. Please be advised that it is currently taking eight weeks from the date they have all necessary information and supporting documents to assess applications.
- I need debt advice: If your enquiry relates debt worries and you need to speak to a professional debt adviser, please call UNISON’s advice service UNISON Debtline on freephone 0800 389 3302. The service is available Monday to Friday and Saturday morning or click here.
- What benefits am I entitled to? Benefit Calculator click here. If your query relates to benefits that you may be entitled to, please use UNISON’s Benefits Calculator as this will help identify the benefits you could be claiming.
- Budget Planner: Budget Planner click here UNISON’s user-friendly budget planner is free to use and should only take minutes to complete if you have all your financial information to hand.
- Energy Support Fund: Phase 3 will be launched soon: https://www.unison.org.uk/get-help/services-support/there-for-you/energy-support-fund-2/
- School Uniform: uniform grants usually come out in June so keep an eye out, here is UNISON’s page from 2022: https://www.unison.org.uk/news/article/2022/06/2022-school-clothing-grants/
- Financial Help – The Queen’s Nursing Institute (qni.org.uk)
- Cavell Nurses’ Trust website
- Elizabeth Finn Care website
Older people over 65 on low incomes Visit the RUBKA website
The Healthcare Workers Foundation is dedicated to improving the lives of people working in healthcare for bereaved families, staff room refurbishment, financial support.
Healthcare Workers’ Foundation – Home (healthcareworkersfoundation.org)
The Royal College of Nursing
You do not need to be a member of the Royal College of Nursing to apply to the RCN Foundation. They are here for all members of the nursing and midwifery professions.
Hardship grants | RCN Foundation | Royal College of Nursing
The RCN Foundation
The RCN Foundation is an independent charity supporting nurses in times of need. Grants, bursaries and scholarships are available to Nurses, Midwives, Health Care Assistance Visit the RCN Foundation website.
Northern Trains – 25% discount for NHS
For staff who travel to work, travel around or if you fancy ditching the car, Northern Trains are offering 25% discount to NHS colleagues via the Health Service Discounts site.
Further resources and details on financial support will be added to this list when they are available.