We investigate, treat and provide support to patients who are diagnosed with Cancer of Unknown Primary (CUP). For more information on Cancer of Unknown Primary, please follow this link.
The cancer of unknown primary service is made up of a Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) who work together to identify the best course of treatment for each patient. More information on Multidisciplinary Teams can be found by following this link.
The service incorporates both in-patient and out-patient facilities at Harrogate District Hospital.
Cancer of unknown primary team
Meet our CUP medical team:
- Dr Claire Taylor, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine
- Dr Rob Turner, Clinical Oncologist (Visiting clinician from Leeds Teaching Hospitals)
Meet our Macmillan CUP Clinical Nurse Specialists:
Our nurse specialists have experience in cancer nursing and specialise in the care and support of patients with a Cancer of unknown primary diagnosis and their families and carers. The Team comprises of a clinical nurse specialist who work closely with the consultants involved in the patient’s care. Our nurse specialist is:
- Miles Ripley, Cancer Nurse Specialist
- Danni Paige, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist
- Tracey Malton, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist
- Aimee Hurst, Cancer Nurse Specialist
- Carol Shulver, Macmillan Cancer Care Coordinator