The physiotherapists and physiotherapy assistants work with children and young people who have different conditions which affect physical development, walking, movement, balance, coordination and posture. We also help children who have conditions that affect breathing. We also help children who have conditions that affect breathing.
All therapy is designed with contributions from the child and family.
How we work
- We will talk to you and assess the child or young person to find out what the main concerns are
- We then can suggest ways to help manage difficulties with walking, movement and balance
- Sometimes we need to organise special equipment such as splints, special shoes and walking frames
- We love to promote active lifestyles and often recommend certain activities (such as swimming and cycling)
- Hydrotherapy (exercise and movement in the water) is offered to the children who benefit from the warmth of the water and careful handling by the physiotherapist
- We may only see your child once and offer advice or offer regular appointments, depending on need
- We can give advice to other people, such as teachers, child minders, carers when appropriate
- Appointments can take place at the Child Development Centre, at school or at local children’s centre