What we do
We provide health support to school aged children and young people, who attend Mowbray School or the Dales School.
- We promote healthy lifestyles for children and young people
- We offer health assessment to children and young people and their families
How we work
- We work as part of the team, working closely with parents and school
- We have an open referral system
- We can offer advice on specific areas of need such as toileting or sleep
- We provide health reviews to help make sure a child’s health needs are met
- We advise school on the best way to help a child be as healthy as possible
- We may see children individually or in groups
The specialist school nurses may arrange to see children at school or at other locations such as a family home, children’s centre or health clinic.
Specialist Nurses: Gillian Lyon and Elizabeth Feather
Administrative support: Beverly Major