We investigate and treat lung cancers, including:
The Lung cancer service is made up of a Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) who work together to identify the best course of treatment for each patient. More information on Multidisciplinary Teams can be found by following this link. We also work with the lung team based at Leeds Teaching Hospitals.
The service incorporates both in-patient and out-patient facilities at Harrogate District Hospital.
Meet our lung consultants:
- Dr Claire Taylor, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine
- Dr Heather Mortimer, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine
- Dr Jay Naik, Medical Oncologist
- Dr Tanzeel Janjua, Clinical Oncologist (Visiting clinician from Leeds Teaching Hospitals)
- Dr Kevin Franks, Clinical Oncologist (Visiting clinician from Leeds Teaching Hospitals)
Meet our Macmillan Lung Cancer Nurse Specialist team:
Our Macmillan lung cancer nurse specialist team have experience in cancer nursing and specialise in the care and support of people with malignant lung diseases. These include cancer of the lung and mesothelioma. Our nurse specialist team are:
- Suzy Walker, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist and Team Lead
- Alice Bobat, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist
- Alisha Webb, Macmillan Cancer Care Coordinator