Welcome to our series of Parent Education videos, enabling you to explore the content of the three face-to-face classes offered at the Trust. I hope you find them empowering and help to increase your confidence in preparing for birth.
In the comfort of your own home, you may choose to watch them all (approximately three hours in total) or just the subjects of interest to you, with your birth partner too. Should you require any additional support or wish to ask any questions you may contact me at [email protected].
Videos on ‘choosing and preparing for home birth’ and ‘meeting baby and the early days’ will follow shortly.
I really hope that you enjoy them and find them of use.
Parent Education Midwife
Hello and an introduction
- Advice for concerns in pregnancy, including reduced fetal movements
- Cervical changes and having a show
- The ‘piece of string’ explored
- What should I do if I feel my waters have broken?
- We are designed to birth – how to keep active
- The importance of a birthing environment
- Piece of string to active labour – how to keep comfortable (first stage)
- Building a nest
- Keeping relaxed during birth
- Using the birthing pool
- Using Entonox and Diamorphine
- Using epidural in labour
- Transition and birthing your baby (second stage)
- Delayed cord clamping, delivery of the placenta, and the first few hours after birth (third stage)
- When nature needs a hand and induction of labour
- Assisted birth
- Caesarean Section
- Birth preferences and role of the birth partner
- An Introduction – meeting Baby and the early days
- Helping your baby to feel safe and secure in their new world
- Responsive parenting and it’s effect on your baby’s brain development
- Why babies cry
- An introduction to feeding your baby and nappy changing
- Bathing your baby and skin care
- Safe sleeping and reducing the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- How to bed share safely
- Postnatal wellbeing for mum, baby and the family
- Pelvic floor care in pregnancy and post birth
- Mental health awareness and care post-birth
- Preparing for parenthood
- Hope you have found these films helpful, wishing you all the best