We investigate, treat and provide support to patients who are diagnosed with breast cancers. For more information on breast cancer, please follow this link.
The Breast cancer service is made up of a Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) who work together to diagnose breast cancer and to identify the best course of treatment for each patient. More information on Multidisciplinary Teams can be found by following this link.
The service incorporates both inpatient and outpatient facilities at Harrogate District Hospital.
Meet our Breast service consultants:
- Mr Biswajit Ray, Consultant General & Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
- Mr Matthew Adelekan, Consultant General & Breast Surgeon
- Dr Neal Larkman, Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Caroline Costello, Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Jay Naik, Medical Oncologist
- Dr Indu Chandhhuri, Clinical Oncologist (Visiting clinician from Leeds Teaching Hospitals)
- Dr Suchandana Bhaumik, Clinical Oncologist (Visiting clinician from Leeds Teaching Hospitals)
Meet our Macmillan Breast Clinical Nurse Specialists:
The Macmillan Breast Oncology Nursing Service comprises a number of clinical nurse specialists whose role is to support and provide information to patients who have been diagnosed with a breast malignancy and their families and carers. They will often become involved at diagnosis and support patients throughout their treatment and beyond.
In addition to this, the Specialist Nurses provide education and advice to patients and other healthcare professionals. They work as part of the breast multi-disciplinary team (MDT), and liaise closely with consultants and other healthcare professionals. Our nurse specialists are:
- Marion Webb, Lead Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist for Women’s Health and Team Lead
- Jodie Lupton, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist for Women’s Health
- Philippa Bappoo, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist for Women’s Health
- Katie Morrow, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist for Women’s Health
- Angela Broadley, Macmillan Cancer Care Coordinator