Women’s and men’s physiotherapy services
The women’s and men’s health physiotherapists treat both outpatients and inpatients. We work within a variety of disciplines and departments, including:
- Antenatal/postnatal back and pelvic girdle pain
- Antenatal carpal tunnel syndrome
- Diastasis (separation) of rectus abdominis muscle
- Antenatal/postnatal incontinence
- Antenatal classes
We also see postnatal patients on Pannal Ward after caesareans and forceps delivery with significant pelvic floor tears, pelvic pain and/or bladder and bowel problems.
- Bladder/bowel incontinence
- Vaginal and rectal prolapse
We see inpatients on Nidderdale Ward after hysterectomies, pelvic floor repair and incontinence surgery
Oncology / breast surgery
- Breast care weekly exercise group
We see pre- and post-operative patients, both on Nidderdale Ward and as outpatients
We work closely with other healthcare professionals and try to combine and integrate our care where appropriate. We often work with:
- Urodynamics technicians
- Gynaecology and urology consultants
- Breast care specialist nurses
- Colorectal specialist nurses
Physiotherapy Department, Harrogate District Hospital:
Physiotherapy Department, Ripon Community Hospital:
Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. On some evenings we open until 6pm. Please call the Department for more information.
We work on various wards between 8.30am-5pm. Patients can be seen at any time of the day, including during visiting hours.
Therapy Services Department, main wing, ground floor
Harrogate District Hospital
Lancaster Park Road
Martindale Wing, to the right of the main hospital building
Ripon Community Hospital
Advanced Physiotherapist: Jo Prosper
- Pelvic, Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapy
- The Pelvic Partnership – aims to give information and support to minimise the impact of pelvic pain on women, to prevent deterioration and to achieve a quick recovery.