Urology outpatient services
Our Urology Department runs a variety of outpatient clinics at Harrogate District Hospital, as well as at health centres in Wetherby, Yeadon and Leeds. These clinics are:
- Haematuria clinics – for the investigation of blood in the urine. These clinics run at Harrogate District Hospital, Yeadon and both Rutland Lodge Health Centres in Leeds
- Incontinence clinics
- Erectile dysfunction clinics
We run a variety of investigations and offer many treatments for outpatients. These include:
- Lithotripsy – the use of X-rays and shockwaves to identify and break up kidney stones;
- BOTOX – used to treat incontinence;
- Flexible cystoscopy – the use of a thin, flexible camera to investigate bladder disorders;
- Urodynamics – used to assess the function of the bladder and the urethra.
In many cases, we’re able to carry out operations as day cases in our Day Surgery Unit, meaning you will be in and out of hospital in a day without requiring an overnight stay.
Urology inpatient services
Some procedures will require a stay in hospital on one of our wards. We carry out a range of inpatient surgical procedures, including laparoscopic kidney surgery.
We investigate and treat a wide spectrum of urological cancers, including prostate, bladder, kidney, testicular and penile. We work closely with the Clinical Oncology Team at Harrogate District Hospital and liaise with the Macmillan urology nurse specialists. We also work with the urology team based at Leeds Teaching Hospitals.
We accept referrals from GPs, consultants and other healthcare professionals.
- Prosper Harrogate – This is Harrogate’s local prostate cancer support group, which runs monthly meetings on the last Thursday of each month, except August and December, at the Christchurch Hall, Christchurch, Harrogate, from 6:30pm-9pm. There’s no need to book, and no joining fee. For more information, speak to one of the nurse specialists