We investigate and treat a wide spectrum of Haematological cancers, including:
The Haematology cancer service is made up of a Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) who work together to identify the best course of treatment for each patients. More information on Multidisciplinary Teams can be found by following this link.
The service incorporates both in-patient and out-patient facilities at Harrogate District Hospital.
Meet our Haematology consultants:
- Dr Claire Hall, Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Tharani Balasubramaniam, Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Emma Harris, Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Marketa Wilson, Consultant Haematologist
- Dr Geraldine Bynoe, Consultant Haematologist
Meet our Macmillan Haematology Clinical Nurse Specialist team:
Our nurse specialists have experience in cancer nursing and specialise in the care and support of patients with a haematological cancer and their families and carers. The Team comprises of clinical nurse specialists and a care coordinator who work closely with the Haematology consultants involved in the patient’s care. Our nurse specialist team are;
- Lucy Ward, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist and Team Leader
- Amanda Harland, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist
- Jessica Stowe, Macmillan Cancer Nurse Specialist
- AJ Bentley, Registered Nurse
- Sally Drinkwater, Macmillan Cancer Care Coordinator