You might just want to keep up to date with developments and receive the ‘Foundation News’ membership magazine. Alternatively, you might be keen to get more involved. We want to continue to encourage a wide and diverse membership and provide different ways for the people we serve to contribute to the success of our organisation.
Joining is easy and membership is free! And if that wasn’t enough to tempt you, membership offers a range of benefits, including:
- A membership card, offering a discount in Herriot’s Restaurant at Harrogate District Hospital;
- A discount card for local and national retailers;
- Invitations to attend meetings and events and to take part in consultations and surveys, ensuring that your voice is heard. This includes our popular ‘Medicine for Members’ sessions, which is hosted by healthcare professionals;
- The right to vote for fellow members who put themselves forward for election to the Council of Governors;
- The right to stand for election as a Governor;
- Regular information about developments at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust, including our Foundation News membership magazine.
All future Foundation News magazines and invites to meetings and events will be sent electronically to our members. The development of our online and electronic communications will be a more cost-effective method of communication ensuring any cost savings are directed to patient care.
Please ensure we have your correct email address by emailing HDFT.Membership@hdft.nhs.uk with your name and address so that we can update our membership database.
Members without access to an email or a personal computer could perhaps consider:
- Asking a member of family or a friend to assist them by joining the membership and receiving electronic communications or accessing the website for details.
- Accessing the website via a public computer in their local library.
- If you visit Harrogate District Hospital, there is a members’ notice board on the ground floor near the main entrance where details about meetings and events will be publicised.
- By contacting the Foundation Trust Office on 01423 554489 for details of interest.