When should I contact MAC?
If you are over 14 weeks pregnant, we would be happy to see you in MAC with any of the following concerns:
- If you think you might be in labour;
- If you think your waters might have broken (ruptured membranes);
- If you have vaginal bleeding (please note that if you have a significant bleed you should contact the Central Delivery Suite or consider calling an ambulance);
- If you have raised blood pressure;
- If you have any concerns about your baby’s movements;
- If you have significant itching (particularly on the palms of your hands or soles of your feet);
- If you have had a fall or think you may have hurt your abdomen (please note that depending on severity, you may need to consider attending the Emergency Department);
- If you have abdominal pain;
- If you have severe vomiting in pregnancy.
If you have any worries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us for advice or reassurance. You can call MAC directly or can be referred by your community midwife, GP or other healthcare professional.
Telephone: 01423 557531
Location: First floor, Strayside Wing (follow the signs for Central Delivery Suite/Pannal Ward)
MAC is open seven days a week, 8am-8pm.
Outside these hours, contact the Central Delivery Suite on 01423 553184.