Support to help you and your family, including the Employee Assistance Programme, children and parenting support, and support for carers.
Employee Assistance Programme
Our Employee Assistance Programme is available to every member of staff and their families throughout HDFT and HIF. The service is operated for us by Vivup, a leading provider of workplace services worldwide, and provides comprehensive resources on a wide range of issues including work, finances, parenting, relationships, health and emotional wellbeing. The programme also provides you and your family with access to confidential counselling free of charge at a time convenient to you.
Children and parenting support
familylives.org.uk provides a confidential helpline, online chat and parenting advice and support.
Coping with family during Covid-19 Useful information from Family Lives on coping with family life during Coronavirus.
www.youngminds.org.uk provides a host of information on supporting the mental health of children and young people including a parents’ helpline providing phone, webchat or email support.
Support for carers
Carers UK provides a local directory, helpline and online forum for carers linking you with support and information whatever your situation.
Citizens’ Advice: carers help and support.
Relate: Covid-19 advice and information.
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone. It is never OK, never your fault and there is help and support available. If you’re not sure that what you’re experiencing is abuse, it probably is and it’s time to reach out to talk to someone.
- Call the National Domestic Abuse 24-hour helpline on 0808 2000 247
- Confide in your line manager or trusted colleague
- If you or someone else is in immediate danger, please call 999 and ask for the police.
- LGBT specific resources: http://www.galop.org.uk/ including free phone domestic abuse Helpline 0800 999 5428.
- Resources to support work with children & young people: www.thehideout.org.uk
- Expect Respect Toolkit Resources for risk assessment, good practice guidance, MARAC agency toolkits, training: www.safelives.org.uk
- Resources for legal and civil matters: http://rightsofwomen.org.uk/ https://www.gov.uk/injunction-domestic-violence
IDAS is a specialist domestic abuse and sexual abuse charity in Yorkshire and has a range of helpful information and sources of support.