We are available to discuss the information you have been given, either in your own home or at the hospital. The support we provide may include:
- Further information about investigations and test results;
- Further information about your disease and the treatment options available;
- Information about the physical, emotional, spiritual or social support available;
- Specialist nursing advice throughout your care;
- Information about benefits;
- A link with other professionals involved in your care.
We work as part of the Respiratory and Lung Cancer Team. We liaise closely with the consultant respiratory physicians, the medical oncologist, clinical oncologist, and the Thoracic Surgical Team.
We also hold Lung Cancer Patient Support Groups. Upcoming dates/times are:
- 10-11.30am; Wednesday 25 September, Wednesday 30 October, Wednesday 27 November, Dec Christmas meeting TBC.
All sessions take place at Yorkshire Cancer Research, Jacob Smith House, 7 Grove Park Court, Harrogate, HG1 4DP. All are welcome.
This service is based at Harrogate District Hospital and covers Harrogate and surrounding areas.
Macmillan Lung Cancer Nurse Specialists: Simon Bolton & Alice Bobat
Consultant Respiratory Physicians: Dr Mortimer and Dr Taylor
Medical Oncologist: Dr Chan
Clinical Oncologist: Dr Franks
Thoracic Surgical Team Leader: Mr Milton
Macmillan Lung Cancer Care Co-Ordinator: Alisha Webb
Mesothelioma Support Yorkshire meets at the Park Plaza Hotel in Leeds monthly. For more information, please contact Simon Bolton on 01423 555872.