We are available to discuss the information you have been given, either in your own home or at the hospital. The support we provide may include:
- Further information about investigations and test results;
- Further information about your disease and the treatment options available;
- Information about the physical, emotional, spiritual or social support available;
- Specialist nursing advice throughout your care;
- Information about benefits;
- A link with other professionals involved in your care.
We work as part of the Respiratory and Lung Cancer Team. We liaise closely with the consultant respiratory physicians, the medical oncologist, clinical oncologist, and the Thoracic Surgical Team.
This service is based at Harrogate District Hospital and covers Harrogate and surrounding areas.
Macmillan Lung Cancer Nurse Specialists: Simon Bolton & Sarah Young
Consultant Respiratory Physicians: Dr Mortimer and Dr Taylor
Medical Oncologist: Dr Chan
Clinical Oncologist: Dr Franks
Thoracic Surgical Team Leader: Mr Milton
Macmillan Lung Cancer Care Co-Ordinator: Alisha Webb
Mesothelioma Support Yorkshire meets at the Park Plaza Hotel in Leeds monthly. For more information, please contact Simon Bolton on 01423 555872.