We are available to discuss the information you have been given, either in your own home or at the hospital. The support we provide may include:
- Further information about investigations and test results;
- Further information about your disease and the treatment options available;
- Information about the physical, emotional, spiritual or social support available;
- Specialist nursing advice throughout your care;
- Information about benefits;
- A link with other professionals involved in your care.
We work as part of the Respiratory and Lung Cancer Team. We liaise closely with the consultant respiratory physicians, the medical oncologist, clinical oncologist, and the Thoracic Surgical Team.
This service is based at Harrogate District Hospital and covers Harrogate and surrounding areas.
Lung Cancer Nurse Specialists: Simon Bolton & Jess Thackwray
Consultant Respiratory Physicians: Dr Mortimer and Dr Taylor
Medical Oncologist: Dr Chan
Clinical Oncologist: Dr Franks
Thoracic Surgical Team Leader: Mr Milton
The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation provides information and support for people diagnosed with lung cancer and their loved ones. The local patient/carer support group meets every four weeks at the fire station on Skipton Road, Harrogate.
Mesothelioma Support Yorkshire meets at the Park Plaza Hotel in Leeds every six weeks. For more information, please contact Simon Bolton on 01423 555872.